Saturday, August 12, 2017

Elephant 2.0

We all have knitted something for someone and wondered, considering the amount of time and love put into it:

  1. Will it get used?
  2. Will it be taken care of properly?
  3. Where will it be in a year or two?
  4. Does the recipient know anything about this item?
Well, I have to say that, knitted items given to my daughter and her family, can be answered with a resounding "YES" to all of the above.  (But, #3... doesn't get answered yes or no, you say?)

The answer to number 3... when you make something for a little girl, a growing up girl, that's a difficult one.  And I'm happy to say that most things get passed on to special friends, or end up back at my house.  
This is the story about pullover turned elephant, which I have to call 2.0.
My idea has been in the back of my mind, but it's fruition was greatly influenced by my visit to Shetland, and Burra Bears.  It gave me the confidence to attempt this:


2.0

2017
2012

Here she is: 3-½ years old, and sweater worn until she was seven! We had to pry it out of her hands...

I realize now the expertise needed to make a truly quality stuffed animal,  plus... OMG! How do you throw away the leftovers?  (Solution: I haven't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Tell me what's on your mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...